Femina releases second edition of its research report under the series ‘All About Women’, decodes urban homemakers of India – more lifestyle
Femina, India’s main ladies’s model, has thrived as the vacation spot for all issues ladies for over six many years bringing a spread of related movies, options, and tales bringing distinctive insights on magnificence, trend, journey, relationships, meals, well being, and health.
Taking a leap ahead and funneling some of the essential insights in the varied features of a lady’s life, Femina earlier this yr launched a research report series referred to as ‘All About Women’. While the first edition explored the lives of millennial working moms, the second edition will shed some mild on the lives of Urban Indian homemakers.
Regarded as one of the largest and most vital viewers sub-segments in India; immediately, urban homemakers are assured, unapologetic, and energetic resolution makers, who’ve deeper inspirations and better aspirations. The research report commissioned by Femina to Karvy Insights, affords an in-depth evaluation and supplies a complete understanding of the lives of Urban homemakers, by capturing their life, self-notion, relationship with household, altering lifestyle owing to Covid-19, future aspirations and dissecting the shopper behaviour.
The research research’s findings are a outcome of in depth quantitative and qualitative research executed over months with more than 1200 urban homemakers and 250 husbands throughout 8 metros and non-metros that embody Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna and Ahmedabad.
The topics belong to joint and nuclear households and are of the age group of 22 to 45 years, NCCS A and 70% of the homemakers had been graduates/ postgraduates.
Elaborating on the second edition of Femina’ s All About Women Report, Mr. Deepak Lamba, CEO of Worldwide Media mentioned, “The pandemic of 2020 has brought the entire world to an uncertain halt, affecting businesses, families, and individuals at large. And, at the center of this all-encompassing crisis have been the homemakers, trying their best to balance their professional, personal, and familial responsibilities.
The second edition of Femina’s All About Women report is an effort to recognize the unaccounted contribution, relevance, and importance of Urban Homemakers. It defines their transformed approach towards their lifestyle, financial aspirations, professional development, family equations, and personal choices.
Our endeavour is to decode the shift, predict their behaviour, and provide a comprehensive overview of the evolved Indian Urban homemaker.We hope that our advertiser partners can gain some relevant insights from our latest proprietary research that can help them connect more meaningfully with the urban Indian woman.”
Further commenting on the report, Ruchika Mehta, Editor at Femina mentioned, “Urban homemakers are the backbone of any family and are constantly undervalued for all their hard work and dedication. With this report we want to initiate a conversation that builds an understanding of who they are, their preferences, and their lifestyle. It captures their unstated emotions, aspirations and creates a bridge between them and the brands that seek to serve them”.
Understanding the Urban Indian Homemaker Modern-day homemakers see themselves as professional-house-managers who’re as honest and hardworking as company ladies and never simply conventional housewives.
They are tech savvy ninjas who’re the basis of their households and have managed to maintain the happiness index at house excessive regardless of the challenges.
• 80% of the respondents see themselves as superwomen who do infinite quantities of thankless work from home
• 70% of the respondents really feel unvalued and assume more respect is ascribed to financial revenue
• 80% idolises their mom and search inspiration from Bollywood celebrities and superstar cooks
• Most urban Indian ladies aspire to have a secure monetary future and tutorial excellence of their youngsters
• 70% see cash as a way to reinforce their lifestyle
World of a homemaker and impression of Covid-19
The pandemic of 2020 altered the lifestyle of all households throughout the nation. Staying inside the house constantly for months, noticed homemakers take into account cooking and kitchen obligations as the most anxious duties, particularly with out the assist of different members of the family.
Consumption of content material on OTT and social media apps have seen the highest enhance. Homemakers in metros rely more on packaged gadgets like immunity boosting powders, whereas these in non-metros choose pure house cures. While lockdown has impacted each bodily and psychological well being, the impression is more pronounced on psychological well being. That mentioned, the challenges have additionally helped in strengthening the bonds with spouses.
• 39% Non-Metro metropolis homemakers see cooking duties as the most anxious
• 41% metro metropolis homemakers see non-cooking kitchen duties as the most anxious
• 33% of husbands weren’t even conscious of cooking and kitchen duties are anxious for his or her companions
• New issues explored throughout the lockdown – 51% experimenting with Food and 41% began watching on-line video • 60% Homemakers in metros selected packaged immunity boosters
• 50% Homemakers from non-metros most well-liked pure immunity boosters
• 38% of homemakers felt that their psychological well being has been have an effect on
• 72% of the homemakers mentioned their relationship with their companion has improved in the lockdown
Understanding her as a shopper& her aspiration of formal employment
The tech savvy homemaker likes procuring on-line, appreciates gross sales & reductions, is model acutely aware. Non-Metro homemakers too have adopted e-commerce for necessities however miss the personalization of offline procuring.
Social Media Trends & E-Commerce Boom has made her more acquainted and accessible to manufacturers.
More Than a Third of The Homemakers Aspire to get into formal employment. Marital obligations impede skilled profession nonetheless, majority of males need ladies to be financially impartial. 64% Homemakers give up their job simply earlier than or simply after marriage.
• 64% homemakers both left their job earlier than marriage or after marriage, two prevalent causes being to take care of the home and youngsters
• One out of each three homemakers aspire to gainful employment
• 60% of the homemakers choose offline/money transactions
• 50% purchased more necessities on-line however miss the offline personalization
Investments 70% homemakers keep properly knowledgeable on cash issues however search the insights of their partner & buddies to validate their funding choices. They choose ‘Safer’ Financial Products reminiscent of Gold, Bank Deposits, Life Insurance.
Femina’s November challenge will additional elaborate these insights and findings and corroborate them with content material tailor-made to the Urban homemaker. This challenge will even make clear Femina’s centered content material technique to cater to what ladies want and the in-depth understanding of it.
(This story has been printed from a wire company feed with out modifications to the textual content.)