Khoya and Gulkand Burfi recipe is principally ready in India, you’ll discover this recipe in northern area of India, Here this recipe is made straightforward to arrange for brand new to cooking subject, Use of khoya – sugar- clarified butter makes it excessive calorie recipe however very tasty and scrumptious to make use of.
Ingredients required to make Khoya and Gulkand Burfi
1/2 kg – comfortable khoya or mawa
2 cups – powdered sugar
3 tbsp – ghee (clarified butter)
1/2 tsp – cardamom powder
1 tsp – cardamom powder
2 tbsp – gulkand (a combination with rose extract)
6 to eight – almonds, slivered
small silver lining (varakh) for adornment (non-obligatory)
Method for getting ready Khoya and Gulkand Burfi
1. Place a heavy pan on low flame and put gulkand into it.
2. You may even add 4-5 recent crimson-rose petals to it.
3. Stir gently for some time and whenever you see comfortable lumps kind, take away from the flame and go away it apart to chill.
4. Now mash the khoya along with your hand.
5. Apply some ghee to grease your palms and mash the khoya properly so it turns into comfortable and clean.
6. Add powdered sugar and combine it properly.
7. Put the combination in a big non-stick pan, add 2 tbsp ghee and warmth it on excessive flame for two-3 minutes.
8. Now warmth it on low flame, stirring repeatedly.
9. Once you see it take a lightweight-brown coloration and the ghee begins separating on the edges of the pan, take away from flame.
10. The sugar will go away water, so the mava consistency ought to be thick but granular and comfortable. If you assume it’s too dry, add 2 extra tbsp ghee to it.
11. Now add cardamom powder and combine properly.
12. Take a small portion of the combination, round 1/4th, in one other pan, add the gulkand to it and stir to make a crimson-coloured mawa combination.
13. Now preserve the two mixtures separate and enable it to chill until you possibly can handle it along with your fingers with out scalding your pores and skin.
14. Take half of the white combination and unfold it on a greased plate with edges.
15. Then unfold the crimson gulkand combination on high of it, and put a 3rd layer of the white combination proper on the highest.
16. Garnish with slivered almonds or pistachios and silver varakh.
17. Once the mithai units a bit, make small chunk-sized squares utilizing a blunt knife, then set it into the fridge for about 10 minutes.
18. Remove from the fridge, reduce the sqaures and take away them from the plate and retailer them in an air-tight container.
19. You can protect this candy for 4 to five days within the fridge.
20. Serve this stunning gulkand burfi to your company and unfold the spirit of friendship and love!