Suman Moron originated from Leyte, an island within the Visayas. It is a well-liked Filipino dessert served throughout fiestas and different particular events. Luckily, I haven’t got to attend for any particular celebrations to style this delicacy as a result of these are generally offered exterior the church throughout Sundays.
This recipe makes about 30 items of Suman Moron 4-inches lengthy every.
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 6 cups abnormal rice flour
- 2 kilos grated coconut meat
- 1 massive can evaporated milk
- ½ kilo white (refined) granulated sugar
- 1 kilo muscovado sugar
- 30 chocolate tableya, melted with 1/4 cup water
- 1 bar cheddar cheese (julienned)
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 small bottle vanilla extract
- 8 cups boiling water
- about 30 items banana leaves, minimize into rectangles (8″x10″)
- In a basin, place the grated coconut meat and pour boiling water. Set apart. (Note: 8 cups of canned coconut milk can be utilized as different.)
- Mix the two sorts of flour properly till completely integrated. Divide the flour combination equally into two components.
- Squeeze the grated meat when the coconut combination is already cool sufficient to deal with. Use a tremendous strainer to separate the coconut milk. Divide the coconut milk equally into two components.
- In a thick-bottomed pan, place ½ of the flour combination and pour in a single half coconut milk, muscovado sugar, melted chocolate, vanilla extract and peanuts. Mix properly and place over medium warmth. Keep on stirring whereas cooking the combination. At first, uneven lumps will type. But as you retain stirring, the combination will even out because it thickens. Turn off the warmth when oil begins to return out. Set apart to chill.
- To the second half of flour combination, add the remaining coconut milk. Then pour about half of the white sugar and the evaporated milk. Mix completely. Place in a separate pan and cook dinner over medium warmth whereas stirring constantly. Remove from the warmth when the combination is thickened. Set apart to chill.
- Pass the banana leaves over the warmth to make them supple. Then use the squeezed-dry coconut meat over the leaves.
- Take a heaping tablespoonful of the primary combination (chocolate) and place on the banana leaf wrapper. Sprinkle a bit of cheese on it earlier than rolling, with the banana leaf protecting the combination. Therefore, you palms will not be touching the combination being rolled.
- Take one other heaping tablespoonful of the second combination (milk) and do the identical course of.
- Place the 2 cylinders (milk and chocolate) and roll to type a thicker cylinder with the 2 colours fused collectively.
- Roll the banana leaf to wrap tightly and tie a string at each ends to safe.
- Repeat the method till all the two mixtures have been wrapped.
- Steam for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let cool earlier than serving.